Before we know it we will be waking up to spring again, and experience that the renewed feeling of wanting to get out and explore the gardens around us, instead of snuggling under blankets.
It will be time to take in all the flowers in bloom and enjoy the feeling of hope Spring brings. And this year we will need that feeling more than ever!!
Nine beautiful gardens in Kent to explore with your family
- Mote Park: Discover the beauty of this firm family favourite. Lauren from Adora Birth and Baby highlighted this lovely walk due to the large lake, boating and park to enjoy. It’s completely buggy friendly and perfect for little ones on bikes and scooters. They have also recently had a complete overhaul of their park equipment which the children love! Found in Maidstone, you can find more information here.
- Haysden Country Park: Picked out by Karen from Tiger Stripes Birth and Baby, Haysden Country Park, located in Tonbridge, includes a range of habitats such as river, grassland, freshwater lakes, marshland and woodland. Karen says ‘My daughter loves to feed the ducks! They also have a great café and a playpark.’
- Riverhill Himalayan Gardens: If more historical destinations are your thing, Stephanie from Natura Massage & Wellness has bought this amazing venue to our attention. Riverhill Himalayan Gardens have highlighted all of the seasonal highlights on their website so we can ensure we don’t miss the daffodils or bluebells!
- Whitstable Castle: Often home to fairy and scarecrow visits throughout the year, Hayley from Love Mama has called this out as a favourite. She says you can ‘get the best of a lovely walk around the grounds and chips on the seafront!’
- Oare Gunpowder works: An absolute hidden gem located just outside of Faversham town centre. Favoured by the Tiny Talk Kent Team, Oare Gunpowder Works Country Park is a fantastic place to relax, enjoy wildlife and discover history.
- Walmer Castle: Laura from Little Discoveries has chosen to share Walmer Castle as her best garden for us to explore, and looking at the website I can see why! This English Heritage site looks stunning and would make a perfect day out for the family.
- Sissinghurst Castle Garden: This venue must be truly stunning as it was chosen three times! Heather from Surge Defence says, ‘this is one of my favourites to enjoy with my child, it’s truly beautiful and gives a sense of tranquillity in a sometimes hectic life schedule around children!’. Sissinghurst was also highlighted by Natalie from Life in Colour and Harriet from Heart Smart Arts.
- Mount Ephraim Gardens: An absolutely beautiful place to visit and as the East Kent Slings Team say, a ‘hidden gem’. The perfect place for couples to visit on a date day or with the children to explore the walkways, it’s perfect! But beware of the ducks…they do like a picnic!
- Ightham Mote: Another stunning National Trust venue shared by Jeanette, The Mindset Nutritionist. Ightham Mote is a 14th-century moated manor house. Highlights include the picturesque courtyard, Great Hall, crypt, Tudor painted ceiling, Grade I listed dog kennel and the private apartments of Charles Henry Robinson, who gave Ightham Mote to the National Trust in 1985.