Got a little one at home? Then you know how hard it can be to find some time for yourself. Here’s 7 great ideas of things you can do here in Kent to allow you to connect with yourself again.
Focus on your health and fitness
It’s no secret that the fitter and healthier you are, the happier you can become. But it can be hard to find the time I hear you sigh! Not anymore.
Here are some options to get you fit and healthy again:
- Legs, Bums and Bubbas: Workout in your kitchen, living room, park you name it…you can exercise anywhere with Kate’s amazing online fitness membership. Monthly membership’s only £4.99 giving you access to unlimited workouts (suitable for postnatal mums) along with the option to join a really supportive Facebook group with lots of other mums with similar goals. Take a look here.
- Sweaty Mama Medway: If classes are your thing, Angela offers in person prenatal and postnatal mother and baby/child exercise classes. It’s a great way to make new friends, let off some steam and be with other mamas all while getting those happy hormones flowing over some fun and effective exercise!
- Lucy Fitness Tonbridge: Lucy is here to help you with your fitness journey! Having originally qualified as a Personal Trainer in 2000, Lucy has since done further training including Pre & Post Natal, GP Referral, Older Persons Falls Prevention, Boxercise, Body Balance, Body Combat, Insanity & Fitness Yoga.
Reconnect with the Garden of England
Sometimes you just need to get some fresh air and blow away the cobwebs, and what better destination on the doorstep then the countryside here in Kent!
- Top 10 muddy puddle walks to explore in Kent: Families have really benefited from walks during lockdown, and with the pandemic continuing into autumn, this is still going to be essential. So I asked Lucy from Family Walks and Parks Kent where she would recommend for some great splashy muddy puddle walks!
- Have some fun pumpkin picking: The spooky season is nearly upon us and lots of Kent venues are putting on some great outdoor events. A big favourite is always Pumpkin picking. Make some memories and support local businesses in the process.
Explore a talent
Who said being a mum meant you had to give up on your hobbies? That’s right…no one! So here’s a couple of ideas for something without your children.
- Online signing Mama’s: If music is your passion, Flutterby Music have embraced online, and best of all everyone is on mute for parts so you don’t need to feel self-conscious and can give it your all! Free taster session is available
- Little Potters Mums Night Off: How many times have you taken your little one to paint some pottery, only for them to run off and you become engrossed but with the distraction of your little ones…well now more. Little Potters are running sessions for Mums to paint. Check out the details here.
So there you have it. Let me know if you try out any of these and don’t forget to tag me on my socials so I can see you enjoying yourself!!